My boys do not speak Japanese yet. But there are signs that this place is having an effect on them.
1. They call this stuff Shoe Cream. That is, chou cream. That is, cream puffs...very popular dessert here.
2. They are all pretty crackin' at the ohashi.
3. They solve disagreements with jan-ken-hoi. (If only they did it all the time...it's much quieter than fighting)
4. They pronounce cake, "cak-ie," and call this blue guy "Stitchie."
5. They sleep on the floor happily.
6. They are embracing Japanese curry, in all of its lowbrow forms.
But don't worry. Deep inside, they are still 60% made out of this: